Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Part Two: And A Happy New Year

After Nagarkot everyone came back into the valley to see a little bit of Kathmandu, meet my Nepali family, and visit my school. Unfortunately all of those pictures must be on other cameras because I don't have them. Hopefully some kind family members will send some to me or upload them to google drive very soon!

Then it was off for a quick trek in the Annapurna region. If you are familiar with it, we went from Nayapul to Tikedhunga to Ghorepani to Tadapani and back down to Nayapul. Some days were challenging but ultimately the views were totally worth it!

The path was actually quite easy to follow, but we went with a guide.

I was surprised to pass so many gorgeous waterfalls along the way.

The landscape was all "Nepali Flat" meaning a little bit up, a little bit down.

When you encounter a line of mules, avoid standing on the drop off side of the road.
 

For us this was trekking, but for many people it’s just life.

You won't see me in pictures of bridges because I consistently wanted to get off as fast as possible!
This one was one of the best.

What can you see Becca?

More beautiful waterfalls. Later on we passed several that were frozen. 

In the next post...the magnificent Himalayas.
(Sorry, but every photo requires editing HTML code and I can only do so many in one sitting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment