Friday, August 30, 2013

Mero Ghar


Mero Ghar = My House
Meh-row gar (rhymes with bar)

Click on any of the pictures below to see them larger.

Technically two houses, both owned by my family. We live in the more modern house that you can just see peeking out behind the one in front. Follow the sidewalk to the left of the house with the blue shutters (old house).

My bedroom. I love love love the giant window, even if the old house obscures a lot of my view.


The living room. There is currently no furniture because my family just moved over from the old house. Most Nepali families, especially those with enough money for two houses, have couches and coffee tables etc.
 

The view from the backdoor. This is what I see when I wash dishes.
 
One view from the rooftop.
 
Looking the other direction; you can see the neighbors more traditional brick house.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely home and having met your Mom, I know it is filled with warmth and love. Thanking God for his provisions for you on this trip. Can't wait to be there with you to take this all in. :-)

    love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete