Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Do You Know the Mutton Man?

I sincerely hope that everyone gets the opportunity to experience what happened to me today, because it was AWESOME.

I was walking home from school. Normal.
A moto with lots of arm and legs sticking off whizzed past me. Normal.
The moto bleeted. Normal.

Wait. Not Normal.

As the motorcycle went past me, I heard the craziest noise kind of like a person recovering from laryngitis screaming on a roller coaster. Of course this made me look up and at first I just saw two people. But as I continued to stare I realized that between the two people was a goat lying on its stomach with its two front legs hanging off one side and its back legs hanging off the other. It was kind of ridiculous.

But what made it even better is that just as I was coming to comprehend the situation - and really wishing that I had my camera out - another motorcycle with a goat in the same position went by and the second goat made the same hilarious noise! Not only that, but I swear it looked right at me a crazy-eyed look. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. (I did eventually feel a little sad because I don't think that goats being transported away from town have very many more days left to live... but the situation was too humorous to be dampened but such serious thought.)

Plenty of other people were on the road with me, but no one seemed to even notice. Thinking about it makes me wonder how much more laughter I might find in my day if I could slow down, listen, and pay attention. And so, I hope that the next time a motorcycle bleets at you, that you will stop and savor the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment