Wednesday, July 24, 2013

One Quick Update

I'm definitely getting settled and really enjoying my time in Kathmandu. It's a beautifully disgusting, muddy, fascinating, welcoming, and wonderful city.


A view of the city and the mountains.

Standing in front of the Fulbright building with my new bag.

Dinner with Toni Mullens, the English Language Fellow in Nepal, and her husband.
It appears that my access to the internet will be limited to times when I have wifi access, and next week we head to Gorkha so I'm not sure how frequent that will be. But now that I'm over my jet lag I'll try to keep the posts coming :)

If you are praying, keep myself and my friend Sydney on your minds. (Sydney is the one at the head of the table in the picture above.) We enjoyed some delicious lemon iced tea last night, assured that the ice was safe, and it hasn't really been sitting well with either of us. Nothing terribly unusual, but a bummer none the less. Fortunately we are headed to the clinic for a medical briefing this afternoon so we'll be able to get any answers to our relevant questions.

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to talk with you last night. Also been wonderful to have Wendy, Duane, and the kids here. Will be praying the water issue has no long term side effects. Thanks for making time to ring us up. Love you peanut!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete